Saturday, November 28, 2009

Forrest Gump

I just completed seeing the movie 'Forrest Gump' again. It was, I think, the third time. It is such an inspirational movie. It has so many messages in it without being preachy. I understand from this movie The Real Power of Surrender. Some say it is surrender to god or surrender to Goodness in you, may be its both and one and the same.

I would love to see it again and may be understand the true meaning of life or is there a meaning really to life? May be it is like Landmark Education says that 'Life is empty and meaningless and it is empty and meaningless that it is empty and meaningless'.

I will never know the real truth, as per Jainism, until I achieve the Keval Gyan. As until then whatever I would know would be the partial truth based on a particular perspective or many perspectives, but never all and hence never the full truth. And even if there is whole Truth, is it really meaningful to know it? I wonder. May be once I know it, it does not exist, as the knower and the known is the same, and what is knowing is also the same.

So our Destiny is what we make of it or what meaning we give to our floating around like a feather in a breeze or whatever else.

No comments: