Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What can we pass on to the next generation

I am writing this post sitting at San Francisco airport. It is amazing what all we can do these days from all possible places.

Well the dominant thought present to my mind today after certain discussions yesterday and today is what can we really pass on to the next generation. I am totally in synch with Great poet Kabir - who wrote
"पूत कपूत तो क्यों धन संचय, पूत सपूत तो क्यों धन संचय"
(If child is bad why collect wealth, if child is good why collect wealth).
In other words just make your child good and not waste time in collecting wealth. Wealth can be lost and made depending upon whether we have skills (education), Attitude and most importantly values.

Hence I have decided for many years that I will provide good values, all possible education and positive attitudes to my children in inheritance. I will ask them to make their own money and not provide any wealth (money) to my children. I will put all my funds for doing social work in providing the above 3 aspects to as many children as possible in the world.

So that all, folks!!!

No comments: