Sunday, March 1, 2009

my Impossible Promise

Today is the first day of March 2009 of common era and I am here to share and declare my 'Imposiible Promise' thru my Blog with the world. My impossible promise is that by 2030 all children in the world believe that imagination creates limitless possibilities and all dreams can be achieved and realized.

So Imagine, Dream and Realize.

Earlier I was confronted by the choice of the word 'impossible' in the promise, but today after sharing it with my Landmark Education 'Power and Contribution' course group I have truly realized that 'impossible' does mean 'I M Possible'. In fact in my own life I have achieved so many of seemingly impossible dreams in very short time. One example being going around the world, which I had declared around the age of 12-13 to a close friend and made a bet with him. This caused that dream of my going around the world come in to existence in time and space and by the time I was 25 I had already gone around the world at least once and since then have done in many more times, and now it has become so routine that I do not even think about it.

So here by I make the declaration of my promise again "By 2030 all children believe that imagination creates limitless possibilities and all dreams can be achieved and realized." Wow!!! There is a certain power in writing this. I frees one from the concerns and also the enormity of the task.

Again today during our conference call with the group there were many sharings and learnings. What stayed with me till now is that 'In future the competition among groups, nations and/or communities transforms in to Cooperation or more like Coopetition i.e. Coperative competition, which means that they compete not to defeat or eliminate others but to excel themselves or 'to push the envelope to the next level' for creating new records of human achievements.

Also the Militaries and armies of today transform in to natural disaster management forces, instead being the creator of disasters for 'enemies'. Well that would be such a great world to live in to and I am sure very soon, we will find ourselves living in such a world through coopetition.

Jai Ho!!!

No comments: