Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pursuit of excellence with play, fun and ease

Today I got up around 5 am, not my usual time of waking up, in fact way too early. However I could not go back to sleep after that, as I kept thinking of several events in last few months, which have made me realize that 'Life needs to be led with fun, play and ease' and I need to pursue excellence and not success. These thoughts just kept me awake albeit very happily and hence I got up and made notes of some of these things in my daily diary of work.

Some of the events that have led to this firm realization are:
  • Learnings from Landmark education, especially the one from Wisdom course, where we learnt to employ 'Fun, Play and Ease' in each and every thing in life.
  • Also a comment by a fellow participant in Landmark's Power and Contribution course that said 'Dinesh takes every thing too seriously'.
  • The trip with Ajit Gandhi family during last winter vacation (2009-10), where in I clearly saw that due to humor, fun and kindness in heart, we had avoided any untowards incidents despite 8 people being in a car for 9 days
  • The movie '3 Idiots' where in Rancho says that we need to pursue excellence in our own passion rather than running after 'the so called' success. 
  • My own experiments with all of these over time and especially during last week end at a friend's 50th Birthday party and also Anniversary party on Valentine's day. 
So today I have resolved that I will STOP taking life and every thing in it too seriously; does not mean I should not be doing my duties or not do important things, it only means pursue excellence in every thing which I do and apply Fun, Play and Ease while doing it.

Life is a constant learning experience and if we apply these learnings in our every day life, we would certainly achieve 'Living Life Powerfully, a Life of our dreams'. Jai Ho!!!

No comments: