Sunday, January 4, 2009

First of the year 2009

This is my first post of this new year 2009 of Common Era. I really wanted to write on first hours of the year itself, but did not. Later it was just laziness or procrastination.

All 4 days have been quite hectic. On the new year day I woke up with cold sweat and giddiness, which was a bot scary as I thought I was having some sort of an Heart Attack or some thing. But having clarified with Aman worked.
Went to Jain temple with family that day and then visited a friend's place where an old social group met to say good byes to people shifting to Canada.

On second spent with morning calling India and with kids as Shubhra had gone to work, Later a friend invited me over for lunch, so spent time discussing inspirational thoughts at his home. Subsequently helped Aayami with her college applications and in the evening hosted Andurkar family.

On Saturday we all first went to Celebratory lunch at Mongolian Barbecue in downtown Naperville followed by a visit to Lemont Hindu temple to see Mrs. Talluri's decoration with Shubhra. In the evening hosted Pepping family and in the night completed Aayami's application to Purdue University.

Today on 4th Jan after Pranayam, talk with Aagam, breakfast of Pani-Puri, we all went to Jain Mandir. There I was taking Pathshala for young adults, but some area school students came for knowing Jainism for their school project and hence spent time with them. This I followed with Hindi class and then attended the prayer meeting for Anil Mehta's mother's passing away.

Now while helping Aayami write her essay for IIT, Chicago, I am writing this first post of the year.

Here are the resolutions for the new year:
1. Instilling Babuji's ideals in my life; be the living example of his principle as my tribute to him.
2. Exercise at least 4 times a week, morning Pranayam and evening 1 mile walk on the treadmill or in the fresh air.
3. No yelling and shouting at home or any where; convey my feelings calmly and firmly, without getting angry.
4. Write my blog at least once a week.
5. Be the powerful transceiver of positivity, health, wealth and peace.

No comments: