Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sense of Gratitude towards one and all

Today I am so present to the saying that we must have a sense of gratitude towards one and all to be really peaceful as well as powerful. I also realize that this makes one magnanimous, which in turn increases the efficiency and efficacy of a person in whatever he does.

The thought of Gratitude came across to me last night from the video of the person with no limbs, who had said that we need to be looking at what we have rather than focusing on what we do not have. Hence this morning I got up with a resolve to see only good things my wife and family has and that culminated in to feeling grateful about my employee's services. Therefore I was not only with the best of the attitude with my wife, son and daughter, but also expressed and then wrote an appreciation letter to my employee.

In the obvious consequences my such behaviour empowered all others, while empowering me as well.

Also I feel that despite of my father not being an overtly optimistic person, he was a person filled with gratitude, even towards the people who had wronged him and his mother. Possibly this provided him the immense power with which he led a phenomenally successful life, even though it was full of struggles, with an ever present peace and smile. This is what most people remembered about him in the condolence meetings.

So learning of the day 'A sense of gratitude empowers all'.

No comments: