Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gratefulness

I have confirmed the earlier learning about BEING GRATEFUL recently. This confirmation came while dealing with my children. I see them, especially my son, these days (may be due to the teen age) that they feel angry about not getting some thing silly, while having all the important things for their life. While counselling them I realized that what is making the anger arise is the fact that they are not being grateful for what they have; instead they consider all what they have as their entitlement, which SHOULD have been there any way.

Since there is no gratefulness in mind and/or heart, not getting simplest or silliest of the things make them lose temper or get angry and do things which they will never do in their right minds. Hence while counselling this fact that we need to be grateful for every little thing we get in life, even as simple fact as that we are alive, we have food to eat, clothes to wear and a home to live in and family and friends to share our life with; all these things we take for granted, but in reality we need to be THANKFUL (Grateful) that we have all this and much much more available to us. We are so fortunate compare a lot many people in the world who do not have one or many of these simplest of the things in life.

Just writing this makes me feel good and makes me appreciate my fortune, fate, luck, fortitude or what ever else a name you give to that way of being. I feel content, satisfied and also get a sense of happiness and joy. In this state I realize that anger or unhappiness has no place to arise.

I pledge that I will always be grateful for getting this life as the highest form of living being i.e. Human Being; using which I could really perform at the highest plane of life in nature. THANKS, THANKS and MANY THANKS.

No comments: